Monday, February 16, 2009

Abigail - Part I

Abigail


I woke with a scream on the tip of my tongue almost chocking in my own fear. Scrambling out of the bed I barely made it to the toilet before vomiting the content of my stomach. Dropping to the floor I curled into a ball fighting back the tears that I knew were coming. I had no idea what had me so scared but I was. This was not the first time this had happened nor I knew would it be the last. Taking in a shaking breath I started Pi. Three point one four one five nine two six fix three…I kept going until my fear was no longer chocking me and my heart wasn’t pounding out of my chest.


Sitting up I waited to see if the fear would creep back. When it didn’t I stood and made my way back to bedroom. Sitting on the edge of my bed I looked at the clock. Five twenty four. Barely four hours of sleep. Laying down I tried to go back to sleep even though I knew it wouldn’t be happening. Five minutes later I sighed and rolled off the bed. Sleep was not coming so why bother. Instead I walked to the dresser and got out clean cloths – tee shirt, jeans, underthings, socks – before making my way back to the bathroom. Turning on the shower I vaguely wondered what day it was. I had forgotten really with everything that had been going on. Placing the clothing on the sink I went back to the bed room and looked around for a calendar.


Flipping through the days I realized I’d also stopped marking down the passing days. The last day that I ‘x’d off had been over a week ago Sunday February 8th. Mentally I tried to figure out where the time went. I had vague recollections of watching House on Monday, Tuesday was a blur of words in a book and Russian, Wednesday I remember wanting a cheeseburger but the restaurant not having any which annoyed me Thursday was blank. Thursday, it had to be Thursday which made it the – I had to pause and look at the calendar in front of me – 19th of December. Shaking my head I tried to think of what I had to do today but nothing came to mind.


With a sigh I decided to take that shower I started to take. Mentally, as I stripped, I cataloged my symptoms. The second I got the chance I was going to go to a doctor I promised myself. Stepping under the spray of hot water I sighed. Nothing was better than a hot shower when I was feeling crappy.


Suddenly the world spun. Grabbing at the shower wall for support I waited for the world to come back in focus. Just as suddenly as it started it stopped leaving me with nothing more than white spots in front of my eyes and the urge to vomit. Swallowing back the need to vomit I closed my eye. I would not give in to this. Just as the thought crossed my mind the world suddenly rushed up to meet me. No, I realized the world wasn’t falling I was, was my finally thought as blackness engulfed me.

3 comments:

  1. So um, not gonna lie, this was definitely intriguing. I was very into it. So kudos. :)

    Can't wait to find out what the deal is....

    ReplyDelete
  2. this comment is really late, but this is a great first post. liked "pi"

    ReplyDelete